Thursday 6 November 2008

Soccer only

A game of soccer today, I played up forward, not a bad work out as we didn't have any reserves. But most importantly we won and have moved into the top 4 of a nine team competition.


Coaching tonight, I didn't run (sore fat pad on my right knee) but also so I could coach and watch the reactions to a TOUGH session! I love the innocence of some kids...tonight one of the girls asked what the session was and I replied 4x300 & 1x200 and she replied YAY, an easy session, thanks Stu. Another asked and she too was very happy with a short session! A minute or two later Jo asked....she was not so easily fooled....the session has been titled Hot 300s, in time the 5th rep will be another 300m rep. Flat out 300m with 7 min recovery.

1 comment:

Ewen said...

That's interesting. So 4 x 300, a big rest then a flat-out 300.

Actually, I like the reaction on kids' faces when they complete a session, then they're told "OK, now try 3 x 200m".