Thursday 27 November 2008

Gym & track session

This morning I went to the gym and rode the bike for 5 miles in just under 20 minutes, nice easy pace, just rolling the legs over. I then did 5 min of work on a 'Swiss ball' and then 10 min of leg stretching on the mats.
_____________________

Track set tonight after 4 laps to warm up and 5x60m strides was 4x250m & 4x200, I left my watch at home and ran behind the group and 'dragged' them in, as a guide Loren was taking off just prior to me and going through in 46/47, so I assume I was hitting 44 ish.

I had a HRM on one of the young girls, it was interesting to hear her results, consistently hitting 180bpm after each rep.
_____________________

Over this weekend I need to sit down and work out what race my little aths runners will compete in at the Region T&F Champs, a few of the kids & parents are starting to ask as entries are in before 31 Dec. I mentioned to a couple of other coaches, it is really a good feeling that the kids & parents put so much trust in my opinion, it really makes me realise I am a coach! :)

1 comment:

jojo said...

err dragged us in... you went past us at the 50..maybe you couldve waited to start longer hey..it probs doesnt mean much..but as an adult-i also trust you with my entire racing plans for the season/year(s)