Saturday 15 November 2008

AV Rd 4 at the Newport Aths track

With Little Aths last night I enjoyed a relaxing morning shopping with the boys for some new clothes and we picked up some well discounted PJs from Target, Wrestling for Connor (10), Bart for Declan (7) and Cars (the movie) for Kaelan (2).
________________________

Round 4 of the Shield comp today at Newport, a busy day for me with the 3 boys in tow. For me just a 1500m and 200m race and some time at the local park. Windy start (always windy at Newport) in the 5:20 heat, I was hoping I could start with 85 sec and try to stick, but the wind was making that fairly tough. Memory tells me, 86, 89, 89 & 63 = 5:27, so better than the last one, but still 47 sec away from 2 years ago, but back then I was training for real. Hopefully some more valuable seconds will be removed and I can see something under 5:20.

With a quick visit to the boys, I then made my way over to the 200m start, 10 min later I was running, 30.08....shit, why did I pull up 5m out????

With some warm ups and cool downs runs etc I probably ran 8k for the day, very average.

1 comment:

Ewen said...

Umm, because you were demonstrating to your squad what *not to do* at the finish of any race?

I have you running 5:15 or better by the speed of your recent sessions. Get good conditions and you'll take off heaps.