Saturday 22 November 2008

Rain rain, stay around

I helped set up for Little Aths, I then took warm ups for the Centre and then started the On Track program, then the RAIN came again! Then we went back on, then it RAINED again, then back on and then more rain. Meet cancelled so I helped pack up and then enjoyed a Saturday morning shopping and enjoying a coffee, very unusual...
____________________

Out to Aberfeldie for Rd 4 of the Shield comp, but the Venue Manager cancelled the meet due to the rain, wind and constant thunderstorms.

A group of distance runners decided to run an invite 1500m race, I decided it would be beneficial but very aware it would basically be a 'time trial', but surprisingly the first 500m was run in a pack of 4. First lap was 84, second 87 and then finished in 5:28. So only 1 sec slower than last week but in MUCH tougher conditions.

I then chatted for 5 min and then joined Jo, Bel & Kirstin and joined in and completed a set of 200m reps. I started approx 1 sec behind the group, started at pace then after 20m I surged to come alongside and I then cruised wide of the group. I did 7 reps, mostly low 35s and a couple of high 34s with a walk back for recovery. Followed by a 10 min cool down.

1 comment:

Ewen said...

That's OK for an impromptu race. The conditions were woeful up here too. Marty Dent ran 14:22ish on a cold wet day with a strong back-straight headwind. I wimped out and decided not to race.