Monday 1 September 2008

The Tan & a mini session with the kids

On the Tan this morning for my first run in a few days, sunny and no wind (still cool - 8 degrees). Even as I parked I still hadn't made my mind where I would run. As I was getting out of the car I decided, progressive laps of the Tan.

Starting the watch from my car (near Govt Dve) I took off at warm up pace for nearly a km and then slowly moved into my cruising pace. Each lap i hit the lap button but didn't look at my watch until I finished and I was VERY happy with the result:
* 18:03
* 17:06
* 16:11

I ended up working for the final km +, but I was rapt when I looked at my times whilst stretching, yes I have done a lot faster 'when completing a set of a progressives', but not for awhile but I am most happy with the consistent increase in pace.
_________________________

Tonight at Wyndham Park, the numbers down as a few are on break, but still six kids and with upcoming Zone Aths Champs on Tue (Werribee) & Wed (Hoppers) the session was some fun fartlek work, using park benches, park equipment (such as slides etc), but still 5ish kms of running.

So for me today ended up being my Sunday long run with nearly 17km for the day, plus 2x60 sec planks and 63 push ups in a max set after the planks this evening.


Little Aths Committee meeting tonight.

3 comments:

Ewen said...

Good one Stu. An excellent example for your athletes next time they do a progression run.

Anonymous said...

I love a progressive tan session, great pacing practice, I can really get into a good zone with that one.

Barrier Boy said...

Stu,
Good to see things are on the up. Keep pluggin away man and you will be flyin in no time.
Catchya soon.
AW