Wednesday 24 September 2008

Coaching session and pilates

At the track with the Little Aths squad and two adult females, OMG this group are growing and because its school holidays they have WAY too much energy and they brought friends, 28 kids tonight!!!

For my sanity, I sent all of the kids off for a slow three lap warm up, hopefully this would quiet them a little and it allowed me a few minutes to chat with Michele and one of the mum's who is trying to improve her fitness. Michele who is a Wes Aths newby, is returning after a month or so of inactivity, so she is following a basic program of mine and on Wed she is doing bends & straights (a little quicker tonight and a few more laps).

I managed a couple of laps before I spilt the group into two groups for their strides, some on the grass and the others on the track. Drills and exercises and then followed by 3 quick short strides. Tonights set was 6x150m (with 50m acceleration), 3x100m (40m acceleration), 5 min break followed by starts 5x30m & 2x50m then a cool down where I managed another 2 laps with some of the kids, chatting. So only 4 laps for me today and a 60 minute pilates session with Narelle.

1 comment:

Ewen said...

4 laps is OK - the 1500 is only 3 and 3/4 laps.

28 kids is too much though. Hope you didn't lose any!