Saturday 13 September 2008

At the track on a beautiful Sat morning

WOW, the sun is out and it is a BEAUTIFUL morning (finally some heat)! 9am at the track with my junior squad and it is 18 degrees and sunny with a strong wind!!! :-)

I jogged five laps with various kids and then I did 5x70m strides and watched the kids do a couple of extras. Then some drills, not too many for me, but heaps for the kids. Then a few more strides of 50m but a tad faster.

200m reps, I did them with the kids, 10x38-40 sec with a 90 sec recovery. Easy session for me, talking throughout the reps, encouraging the kids whilst running. I had two 14 year old girls in the group who I forced to start at the back and work their way through the pack.

Cool down with the kids I did 2 laps of the infield and then 3 laps by myself.

No comments: