Tuesday 23 September 2008

Tan, running to the track and some 200m reps

This morning I thought I was meeting Tania at the Tan at 6:30am, but I had forgotten that she was working in Sydney for a few days, so I made use of being in shorts and cruised the Tan in 17:23, then walked around for a few minutes and then sat down on the grass for 10 min or so and stretched, lower back, glutes, hamstrings etc.
__________________________

Lunchtime soccer, we won 3-0, with one reserve, so lots of running, great cardio workout.
__________________________

I arrived home 4:20pm, a quick change, packed a small bag with my water, stop watches and my jacket and asked Jo to take to the track whilst I ran to the track. I'm not sure what is the shortest way yet, so I followed the Skeleton Creek path and then cut through the residential area until I got to Dunnings Rd and then made my way to Sneydes and over the fwy and upto the track, approx 7.5km in 33:12.

Tonight I had asked Chelsea (one of the Little Aths girls) to come and run some 200m reps with a couple of my Wes Aths girls, working on improving her 800m race which she has qual for the PS Region Champs and she has only run one 800m 'race'. Sadly Claire couldn't get to the track, so I joined Chelsea with Jo (starting behind) and one of the older ladies Mechelle who has never run reps before. To ensure and help with Chelsea's confidence I joined in and ran alongside her, completing all 10 reps in 40-41 sec with 90 sec recovery. I also jogged a couple of laps for a cool down. A good training day!

1 comment:

jojo said...

i reckon next time i should start with you guys, not a metre behind..oh and ps..i hate that you CRUISED the Tan today...faster than i raced it on sat... plthththth