Sunday 21 September 2008

My first Point Cook run

Back from my trip to the country (Shepparton) about 4pm and I decided I would go for a hour run and explore some of the paths around my new home and also check out the general direction from Point Cook to the track...

I asked Jo if she wanted to ride her bike and keep me company, whilst getting in some easy exercise at approx 12.5kph. Out the door and within a minute I was on the path that follows Skeleton Creek, generally concrete, but some dirt and generally you can run alongside on the grass, after 2.5k I left the path and investigated some of the local roads on the way to the track, without going all the way to the track.

Just short of 55 minutes and according to Jo's bike computer it was 11.85km. The 'intent' is that I will run to the track occasionally prior to coaching sessions.

No comments: