Saturday 30 August 2008

Werribee Little Aths XC Presentation

WLAC for the past 10 years have had a 1500m handicap race on Presentation Day, to day was no change and for the fourth year in a row I have won (well I am the rabbit...).

After the race, 8 kids from my squad called me over to them and as a group they presented me a BIG card with lots of messages of thanks, a couple of bottles of wine and a wine goblet engraved Super Coach with the names of the 8 kids. WOW!!!! I coach more than 8 Little Aths kids, but this 8 have been the core group for 2 years now.

Lots of thanks from many parents and as I said to all of them, I do it because I love it, I love helping and watching the kids improve, not just from age and growth development but also from my coaching/direction. A nice morning!

Connor (U9) for the first time was not awarded a placing trophy, just a participation, he finished 5th or 6th this season out of 9 boys. Declan (U7) received his second 3rd placing trophy, but as per normal, both the boys don't really care, they were more excited with the bottle of lemonade, packet of crisps and some lollies. :)


Not much more running for me this weekend, the boys are over and the youngest one is VERY grump and a PIA, temperature, blotches, sores in his mouth, snot everywhere and just an overall sick little boy.

3 comments:

Andrew(ajh) said...

It's nice to know you are appreciated isn't it ... I'm sure it is no more than you so richly deserve !!

I have a couple of little things like that, and photos of me with the teams I coached - you always treasure them.

jojo said...

thats nice :)

poor K tho! hope hes feeling better soon :(

Ewen said...

That's great Stu.

Glad you're not retiring from running. Keep the intensity high and you might surprise yourself on the track this season.