Saturday 20 September 2008

XCR'08 Series, Rd 10 - Tan Relays

A short post as I am attending my sister's wedding in Shepparton (4pm) and then I am the MC for the reception, not surprisingly I am not shy on talking in front of others...


This morning Western Aths had 15 teams competing, the goal was to beat Sandringham in Div 3 and this would guarantee promotion into Div 2 for the next season, of course we wanted good results in the others, but this was the MAIN goal and we did it!! :-)


Well I ran, not fast, a PW for the Tan in a race, 16:02.... An even ish paced run, 4:10 for the first km, a little slower for the 2nd (incl Anderson St) and then a slightly faster 3rd km. I really need to start doing more work for myself, I'll have to sit down and work out a plan, I wouldn't mind trying to find 2:20 again for the 800m and this of course would mean some decent 1500m races too.

Well I better get ready, hopefully the complete AV results will be up soon, it is very hard to keep track of 15 teams and race yourself. But I know we will be promoted in three men's divs.

2 comments:

jojo said...

wel at least you beat me :)

Ewen said...

That's good news for the club Stu.

Perhaps an intensity-type program will cover you up to 1500m, then the race times should come down with regular racing.