Sunday 7 September 2008

XCR'08 Series, Rd 9 - Vic Half Marathon Champs

This morning the AV Series ventured to Burnley for the half marathon, I didn't have any personal goals for this race, just run and hopefully be able to help out my Club by filling a spot if required and of course as per normal act as the Team Manager. Two days ago we looked like we would have four teams, but colds and 2 unexplained absentees meant we had three teams (Div 3, 5 & 6) and one extra.

My intention was to run the first 5k in 5 min pace and then pick the pace up a little if the body was ok. At the 5k marker I was behind the 12 & 13th Western Aths runner by more than 300m, which was Cam & he was pacing Bec (his gf's sister) and they appeared to be moving slightly away from me (oh well).

My splits:
5:04, 4:59, 4:49
9:50, 4:46
4:45, 4:43, 4:35
4:36, 4:41, 4:38
4:47, 4:38, 4:36
4:37, 4:44, 4:43
4:57, 4:54, 4:44
:26
1h 40:41

Slowest HM in many years, but I was happy enough except for the 19th & 20th kms, I must have lost concentration or maybe I was just tired!

Club wise, it appears we may have won Div 3 & 5 and second in Div 6 today which will be fucking great, but there are some scoring errors in the higher Divisions, so we will have to wait! In the Premiership race, we are currently third in Div 3 & 5 and 2nd in Div 6, so for Promotion we need to be in the top 2.


For all of the AV You Tube fans:

3 comments:

Andrew(ajh) said...

Well done Stu ... good effort. I'd kill to be able to do a HM in that time! Maybe I need a good coach!

Ewen said...

Good run for the club Stu. Excellent training session too. I'm glad our team manager doesn't make me run half marathons ;)

jojo said...

i wish i was as un-sore as you....grumble grumble