Wednesday 7 June 2006

Wed 7 Jun 06, a run & a S2F training run

12km today and 52km for the week so far, 6/7 runs this month

Left work just after 5pm, after arriving just after 7am, so along & busy day in the public service world.... Dropped my clothes and bag at the car (on the Tan) and then took off around the Tan, whilst running I bumped into Tyler (Glenhuntly runner 17th at 16k XC) and had a chat for 5-8 minutes before moving in different directions.

After a casual run upto Anderson St I turned left and crossed at the fwy and made my way back along the river and then crossing at the Tennis Centre and then over the bridge to the G and going over the bnew bridge into Fed Square and to the Attrium, where the S2F crew meet for the training runs (Run to the G).

Tonight I was allocated the fast 5k group, which has proven over the past few weeks to be very unpopular, I haven't been able to encourage any partipants and the previous RL had the same problem, BUT, tonight one of the girls who is there each week and has been running with the S2F Wed group for nearly a year, came up and asked about the pace, I said 4:30-5 min, but it all depends on how many there are running. I suggested if I got no takers and she was happy for a one on one then off we go.

Well as it turned out no takers so we took off straight away to get going, as it was cooling down, and she was worried she could only run 5:20 pace, well I'm not exactly sure what pace we were running but it wasn't 5:20, I suspect the first 2/3 was just sub 5 min pace and worse case the last 2k around 5-5:10 pace, a good run for her and she was very happy when we finished, she reckons she couldn't have raced that fast.

Again I am reminded why I enjoy this Run Leading stuff so much, I do very much enjoy helping others and passing on the little bits I have picked up. Afterwards I ran back to my car near the Shrine. All up a satisfying evening, all casual.

2 comments:

Crissyjt said...

Seems to be when runners have an unexpected detour etc that more enjoyment is had. maybe for my long run i will go somewhere dif and 'just run'. As for your s2f runs... do u know when u will be doing another? Would be nice to do one with you. Obviously not at the ... ah hem... 5min pace. Just nice to catch up. oh and you can show me the proper way for those sideway steps :-)

Anonymous said...

And now I know why it took you so long to get around the Tan.