Tuesday 20 June 2006

Tue 20 Jun 06, track session 6 x 1000m

11km today and 39km for the week so far, 19 runs/20 days this month

Slightly easier session tonight, to start the slight taper before a race, as well this week is my insurance of not over doing it. Tonight's rep was my choice, the only stipulation was to equal 6km in intervals, I chose 6 x 1k, Burkie sugggested 45-60 sec break.
Due to some early distractions of chatting during my first 2 recoveries, I allowed the recoveries to be all 60s.

Splits (recovery):
3:50 (1:01)
3:51 (1:17, chatting with John, one of the coaches)
3:50 (1:01)
3:52 (1:02)
3:49 (1:03)
3:45 (walked 200m changed and followed up with 5 slow laps)

Throughout the week Burkie and I had been chatting via e-mail regarding me organising myself to be tested for a Standard Lactate Test, Anaerobic System Test & a Recovery Test, using this info to help guide my interval sessions and esp with my desire to work on the shorter events this summer. I can get these tests done by one of the successful coaches at Athletics Essendon, so I will have a chat with him at Coliban this weekend. According to the pamplet this would involve varying tests including blood taking. As a result of this Burkie asked if I could wear my HRM tonight.

The following are general things I noted throughout the session. Whilst chatting with Dave my HR was around 65bpm, throughout my w/up it hung around 130-135bpm, but at times was closer to 120. I allowed my HRM to go for the entire session, I only noted my HR at the end of each rep and at the start of each rep. The majority of the time on crossing the line I noted 170-174bpm and my starting HR for each rep was 140-142bpm. Five minutes after my last rep I was sitting on 92bpm. Of course I have no idea how this compares as I don't wear my HRM often and I don't know others who do similar work who wear one. But overall it was fairly interesting.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a very solid session from where
i'm sitting Stu! As you're going to
be targeting the 800m in the coming
season, will you do much work on increasing top speed??

SB:)

Anonymous said...

Stu, why don't you upload your Garmin data to the computer. Using SportTracks software (free) you can then graph the data (hr stuff) any which way you like.

I wouldn't mind doing those sorts of test as well.

Jaykay said...

I've stopped using my HR monitor as I found it stifled my breathing!!

It does make for interesting reading though!