Wednesday 14 June 2006

Wed 14 Jun 06, a run & then the S2F training group

16km today and 49km for the week so far, 14 runs/14 days this month

I changed into my running gear (Skins top, asics tech T & shorts) and walked to my car near the Shrine and dropped my work clothes. From here I ran at 4:50 pace around the Tan crossing over near the river and going around the MCG and then down to Fed Square, 4.6km.

Tonight I was suppose to lead the fast 5km group, but yet again no takers and the medium group had 2 leaders so I jumped in with the fast 10k group. Got to run the official 10k course with my Garmin, measured exactly 10km, we finished in 43 min. I started to find I was working around the 7k area, feeling the effect of last nights session.

Stretched and chatted afterwards and then ran back 1.5km back to my car and took off my sweaty tops, dry ones on and then drove home, arriving 7:30pm.


A few phone calls tonight and it now appears that we have 2 men's teams for Coliban Relay and nearly 3 womens, excellent stuff!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh i feel guilty now! I was in the city tonight and changed for the S2F run .. but after umming and ahhing decided to give my cough a day's rest. Nevermind, hope you had a relaxing run for yourself.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comments my way. You lucky b...... running on turf....I'll be back next week, hopefully.