Wednesday 28 June 2006

Wed 28 Jun 06, Gellibrand run

14.4km today and 42km for the week so far, 25 runs/28 days this month

I had today off from work, so I tried to organise a run with some of the guys and girls for the day as many are self employed or shiftworkers and have varying time tables. The only person available was Adam (school teacher) who is a lot faster than me, but was more than happy to run 4:50-5 min pace.

The plan was to run approx 75 min and introduce the area to Adam, with Garmin & a HRM on and lots of clothes (it was soooo cold). Adah was wearing his Polar pod thingy and so we compared distances against the Garmin, both very close nearly everytime. Lots of chatting and we managed to get a few hills. My HR was happily sitting in the mid 140s until the hills came into the equation.

According to my Garmin; run time: 1h 10m 7s, distance: 14.40km, avg pace: 4:53, Cal: 1288

Afterwards be both changed into dry and warm clothes and then made our way to a cafe in Williamstown and enjoyed at hot chocolate (with chilli) and a muffin.

A note for one of my readers, DT: yep it was quack quack time :-), all compliments of ads.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where are the hills around Williamstown?

Re - your comment re - my knee. I'm holding off for a few days, see how things develop.