Monday 12 June 2006

Mon 12 Jun 06, Queens Birthday Public Holiday

14km today and 22km for the week so far, 12 runs/12 days this month

Public holiday and nothing really planned so I will be doing an am & pm run today.

I left my place this morning at 7:30am, adidas tights (way to big, haven't worn since last year and won't again), singlet, LS nike top and cap. According to Foxtel it was 6.8 degrees when I returned home but whilst it was cool I didn't think it was that cold, but then I was fairly covered. The plan for this morning was to sit around 5:10 pace, which was a very easy pace which I actually found very hard to not speed up, I have happily run with others at that pace and slower, but by myself I find it very difficult. But wearing my Garmin I was able to check regularly.

For the locals, I ran from home to Hogan's Rd Reserve and ran the dirt track around the boundaries, then to Morris Rd and then turning into Heaths Rd until I got to Mossfiel Reserve, there I also ran the dirt trail around the boundary, then into some side streets and made my way home, I ran approx 100m past home & then returned to hit 7km exactly. The Garmin stats were 7k, avg pace 5:09, calories 666 (I only note for the obvious reason).

The planned run this arvo is probably 8-9k, with the intent of starting slow and up the pace at regular intervals (similar to last Mon, but shorter & not as intence), but probably only speeding up to 4:15 area, I don't want to push too much, as it is a doubling day and I want to have a quality track session tomorrow.

PM run

Throughout the day I decided that I didn't need to make the second run too hard and I decided I would run the same course but sit around 4:40-50. For the first km I sat on 4:55-5 min pace and then quickened and settled on 4:45. Each time I looked I was creeping faster and faster, 4:30...slow down back to 4:40ish, few minutes later 4:28...slow down again. An enjoyable run, according to Weatherzone it was 11.2 degrees when I started, I wore adidas climax T, long skins & shorts and was quite comfy. Garmin stats; 7.0km, avg pace 4:41 and only 647 calories, same distance but 19 less calories, see there are some advantages of running slightly slower.

Finished off at home with a lot of stretching and some core work.

6 comments:

Tesso said...

What a great thing to do with a public hol, two runs. Lucky bugger, some of us have to work and staring out the window it looks like perfect conditions for a run up here.

Enjoy your second outing.

Anonymous said...

I think you needed the triple six back on the sixth, that would have been really eerie, twilight zone stuff.

Em said...

Tx for the advice via the forum and yes had planned on packing the race day gear in the hand luggage, I thought maybe that was being overly cautious but maybe not :-)

Crissyjt said...

Cool. hey do you think i could have a day every now and again where i ger to squeeze 2 runs in? Fri would be a possibility. Thats if you let me of course. ;_)

Sekhmet said...

Sounds like you had a nice cruisey day Stu, you even burnt enough calories for a couple of Jim Beams ;-)

Anonymous said...

Stu,
Great to see the running back on track.Look forward to reading some race reports that reward your hard efforts.