Thursday 22 June 2006

Thu 22 Jun 06, a short session of 4 x 400m

6km today and 57km for the week so far, 21 runs/22 days this month

Today was an enlightening day, I attended an "Improvement through Personal Effectiveness" workshop which was a day of listening to ideas & concepts that help indivduals/leaders 'create a climate for people to do their best' through a commitment to better working relationships. I really enjoyed the day and I can see how these ideas may help my work, running & personal life. A couple of phases that have stuck in my head; 'Be true to yourself', 'Standup four your values', 'Self growing' & 'You have choices'. A good day.


I arrived at the track at 5pm and started my warm up immediately, with light rain just falling I wanted to get this over and done with and get home before any real rain came. So 5 laps in lane 8, clockwise, some stretching and then 5x60m strides.

Onto the track to do the session by myself tonight, wasn't wanting to wait for others. Burkie suggested 4 or 5 reps tonight, I decided 4 would be suffice.

Reps: (all recoveries were between 1:57-9)
75
75
75
76

Consistent and with the small head wind on the front straight I was happy with the consistency, but I was also happy with only doing 4 reps too. Walked 200m, changed into some dry clothes and then then did just over 1km to cooldown. Home with only light drizzle patches to contend with.

Rest tomorrow and then race the Coliban Relay on Saturday in Western A's 2nd men's team, ranked as the number 2, which means I will race the first leg, which whilst it is rated as the hardest leg for our Division I am very excited to have been picked for this one, the previous four years I have been ranked 4th or 5th and have always been given the easy legs, so looking forward to Saturday. As well there are over 40 Western A' partying overnight in Bendigo, look out Bendigo!!! :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stu, it's good that you got something out of the workshop. I can imagine some of the negative comments that might have been flying around (there's always one).

Yep, crappy night in Werribee tonight.

Em said...

Sounds similar to a 2 day course I did last year at AIM, mine was an assertiveness course though, but some of those same lines cropped up.

Enjoy your relay, sounds like quite an honour, as for the evening, has somone warned Bendigo?? Will there be enough beer?? what if they run out??