Tuesday 13 June 2006

Tue 13 Jun 06, track session 5 x 1600m

11km today and 33km for the week so far, 13 runs/13 days this month

Arrived at the track after 5pm from work and chatted with Burkie to go through my last weeks running and to confirm tonights session, prior to him becoming very busy with the youngens, I then got changed out of my work clobber.

As soon as I was into my running gear i took off for my usual 3 laps of the complex and then a lap of the track, just over 3k. Some stretching, strides and then a little more stretching. Tonight's session was again 5 x 1600m @ 95ish per lap, with a 2 min recovery. Burkie did talk about reducing but I mentioned I didn't do very well last week so would prefer to build confidence first. Hopefully tonights reps would be between 6:20-30. Burkie teamed me up with Rory (16), only in his first year of training, he was doing only 3 reps.

Splits & (recovery):
6:25 (2:01)
6:30 (2:02)
6:32 (2:00)
6:30 (2:01)
6:26 (a very slow jog/walk of 300m)

I put on my beanie, LS T and sleeveless jacket and jogged a few laps of the inside area, before I put on my trackie pants and jogged another 2 laps on the inside grassed area. Stopped and chatted with Burkie, went through the session, much happier in comparison to last week, more consistent, the recovery will probably be reduced to 90 next week.

Planning for our men's Coliban (road relay Sat week) has gone to 'poo' as per every year, the second team (Div 6) are struggling with 2 men down, but tonight I chatted with Rory and he is a definite maybe and I just got off my mob, it would appear that one of our 18 years has agreed to return and roll around, thankfully. Both need to register this week.

Edit:I just compared last weeks reps to this weeks, well no wonder they were more consistent and no wonder Burkie gave me a funny look, last week my rest was 45 sec and this week for some reason I asked for 2 min...... "rolling my eyes""

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very consistent session there alright!
A move to 90s recoveries would look
right (don't know about 45s !!)about
now. Your current training is looking
great!

SB:)

Tesso said...

Great session Stu.

Funny hearing you talk about all the gear you need to wear to keep warm. Beats me how you can get out and train when its so cold. I'd be a couch potato for the duration of winter.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you do some good solid sessions StuMac. 5 x 1600m Hmmm not sure how I'd go at those. Hope to catch up at coliban relay. Unless I see you at the masters 10k XC this sunday ?