Thursday 15 June 2006

Thu 15 Jun 06, track session 6 x 400m

6.5km today and 56km for the week so far, 15 runs/15 days this month

Short & sharp tonight, especially in comparison to Tue nights sessions and even yesterdays run. Still feeling the effects of the last few days I knew the sharper stuff tonight would probably be slightly harder than normal.

Started off with 5 laps of the track in lane 4/5, chatting with Dave S & Cam. Dave is off to NZ on Sat for 1 week, for a surfing trip compliments of Quiksilver, WOW, I didn't realise he was that good :-), well done Dave. Did some stretching and a few strides and a lot of chatting. Finally we got the group of guys all ready. VVarying abilities and varying amounts reps by some; tonight's crew, Mitch, Brad, Greg (a triathlete), Me, Dave S, Chris & Cam (starting after us).

Plan 6x400m @ 75 sec with 2 min recovery and Cam was aiming for 68 sec. I forgot my watch tonight, Mitch had his watch to beep on 37, 74 and then 2 min. Off we went, for once we got the first 3 on time, with the majority of us crossing on 74 sec, the 4th rep started to hurt (I think as a result of the last 2 days or just didn't guts it out). The 4th rep the front runners crossed 72, I was probably 74 again, but not as easily. The 5th rep really hurt and I knew it early, the pace was on and I ran off at the 300m and floated down to the start line, the front guys crossed in 70 (shaking my head), the final rep I guts and managed 73 approx according to Mitch.
Hard session, a nice intro for Greg, who seemed to handle the first 4/5 really well.

Plan for tomorrow is a run in the city with Clarkey, hopefully will cruise around 12k in about 4:40ish pace. With 2 of my boys visiting Fri & Sat night, I will have Sat off which will be the first day off in 14 days.


Stuarts Running Blog


-- Site Summary ---
Visits

Total ....................... 11,659
Average per Day ................. 36
Average Visit Length .......... 3:16
This Week ...................... 253

Page Views

Total ....................... 22,657
Average per Day ................. 91
Average per Visit .............. 2.5
This Week ...................... 638

3 comments:

Em said...

Hmmm, probably time for a day off Stu.

Have fun with the rug rats! Though not sure how much of a rest day it will be, in my limited experience (as a godmother) running around with kids is almost as physically demanding as a good run, but stacks of fun. When ever I land at my best friends house I am usually greeted with "oh good, Aunty Em's here, the kids are out the back PLEASE tire them out for me"

Tesso said...

Interesting blog stats. Over 11000 visitors, you are popular!!!

Can I ask how you gathered all that info?

Anonymous said...

Mr consistency -- it is incredible that each lap is so consistent!

Have a great weekend. Hopefully the kids will run you ragged!