Wednesday 21 June 2006

Wed 21 Jun 06, progressive laps of the Tan

13.5km today and 51km for the week so far, 20 runs/21 days this month

Left work at 5ish, walked from work to the Tan where my car was parked (near Govt Dve), dropped my work clothes and bags and jogged slowly to the Pillars, probably 800m, and then stretched for 5 minutes.

Tonight I noticed that it was warmer than the last few weeks at the same time, according to Weatherzone it was still 13 degrees at 5pm, so a singlet and shorts for me tonight, the washing machine would be happy.

The plan was 3 laps of the Tan, progressively getting faster, but not flat out, recovery, easy & cruising, that was the plan. Taking off from the Pillars I could use the km markers to my advantage, first lap 17:20, second lap 16:48 & the final lap 15:53. All in control, the final lap I was starting to work, but I always knew I could go a lot faster. Trotted back to the car (800m), towelled down, put on some warm clothes, stretched a little and drove home.

3 comments:

speedygeoff said...

A heat wave in Melbourne! in fact it's milder here too.

Anonymous said...

Stu,

Wow your training has leaped ahead.
My training diary shows I did EXACTLY the same session on Friday May 12th.
My splits were 17;13,16:31 and 15:57
Well done....now go out there and blitz em!

Unknown said...

Nice session Stu - You are so lucky to
be able to run The Tan almost daily.
My work situation doesn't allow me to work it in at all. Make use of it while you can.

SB:)