Saturday 10 June 2006

Sat 10 Jun 06, Brimbank Park, Club 'pack run'

20.2km today and 90km for the week so far, 9/10 days I ran this month

For the readers of my blog and especially the ones who leave comments behind of assistance, caring, wisdon & opinions I thank you so much. There are also readers who don't leave comments but either talk to me personally or use email, I too thank you. Most who read regularly would know I blog about some of my personal issues which I make cryptic reference too and a very small group actually understand the complexities of these issues. I would like to thank you so much for your support, but at the moment I am struggling with this direction and I will no longer post my feelings here, well I intend not for a while, I will use my blog for the original reason I created it, to log my runs, races and training thoughts!


A busy morning on a very foggy Melbourne day with a top temp of 9.5 degrees, I made my way out to Brimbank Park. The group were leaving at 1pm but I couldn't arrive until 1:10ish and to be honest it didn't make to much of a difference as I knew I would more than likely end up running by myself after 30 min anyway, due to differing abilities and because I intended to be running further than others. Anyway, I took off straight away, singlet, shorts & Garmin. After a 5 min I caught up to a bunch of the girls from my club who had stopped for a toilet break, past then rapidly, it was only then I realised I was moving a tad too quick, I was sitting on 4:20-25 which was way to fast for the first 7 min of a 90+ min run, so moved ahead by 500m ish and then slowed down to 4:40ish.

Around 15 min I caught up to Cam & Darren (who is racing the All Schools & Secondary Schools this week, so he turned at 20min), they were moving at fairly casual pace. Cam and I the stayed together chatting about stuff for the next 18-20 min running at 4:40 pace, then Cam turned so he could run back and then hit some of the bigger hills in the park. I continued onwards to the Canning Rd overpass, which was just over 10k, I stopped and walked for 1 min to relax the legs and then turned and ran back, trying to sit on a consistent pace. The Garmin stats for the run were 20.2km in 93:55, with the first couple of k's too quick and working the last couple, I was happy with the remaining consistent kms.

This is the first week in the 90s for quite awhile, I will probably drop the kms back into the low 80 area for next week. My Sunday run is not going to be the You Yangs now, last night I was reminded that the Midday Milers
have one of their annual events on Sunday morning, the concept is pick a time for two laps of the Tan and then run with no watch, closest wins, then breaky and some good conversation. So this is where I will be heading, with some warming up and maybe a short cool down, I should clock at least 10km for the day which will be a good recovery to a possibiliy too fast long one today.

6 comments:

Em said...

It must have felt great to get out for a good solid long run today, looks like that Op is well and truely behind you.

Mine was the opposite, rough terarain and some killer hills, very slow. But I was fortunate to have a patient running partner.

Keep positive, enjoy tomorrow :-)

Stu Mac said...

Thanks heaps Em, the positive thoughts are a little hard at the moment.

Stu

Jaykay said...

Stu I love reading about your personal thoughts as I don't really know you THAT well (and I'm a steaky beak!!) It gives me a bit more insight into the real Stu without me asking you (or other people) embarassing questions!!

Good run today!

Anonymous said...

If you want to blog your, lets say, non running stuff, why don't you just create a second blog devoted to that. Keep your running blog for running.

Anyway, seems like a good session today at a reasonable and decent pace.

Sekhmet said...

Sounds like a great run - it was still foggy went I headed out at 3.30pm today!

Enjoy the pancakes tomorrow ;-)

Unknown said...

At least your running is coming along
very nicely Stu! - Chin up mate!


SB:)