Monday 19 June 2006

Mon 19 Jun 06, a nice 15k in Hoppers

15km today and 28km for the week so far, 18 runs/19 days this month

With today off from work (5th birthday of one of my boys), I was able to enjoy a run in the sunny part of the day and enjoyed myself with just a singlet and shorts. Garmin on, the plan was 15k with an ever building pace over each 5k split.

The first 5k was done in 24:15, averaging just over 4:50 pace, felt very easy, basically it felt like an extension of yesterday's run. The second 5k was 2.5k out and then turn around, with no wind and still feeling very comfortable I was able to get the second 5k over in 23:20, starting to get a bit of a sweat up, but still running very much within myself. The final 5k I was thinking I would go hard, but I decided I would try some more discipline and aim for 4:30 pace, the final 5k in 22:46, which I was very happy with.

Total run, 15km in 70:21, average pace of 4:41 and to be honest it felt very easy the entire time. Tomorrow's session will be 5 x 1600m and I have been asked to wear my HRM by Burkie.

Note: Happily I have exceeded last month's km total already!

:-)

1 comment:

Sekhmet said...

High Mileage = Happy Stu Mac ;-)