Friday 9 June 2006

Fri 09 Jun 06, a run along the Yarra and around the Shrine

11km today and 70km for the week so far, 8/9 runs this month

Parked on the Tan at 6:45 and jogged for 15 minutes and finished up at Fed Square where I waited a minute for Clarkey and then we took off at a casual pace along the Yarra making our way to Chapel St where we crossed and returned back to St Kilda Rd. When we arrived at Chapel, I mentioned that it happened very easy and quick, I know chatting does make time pass by.

After returning back to St Kilda Rd we went our seperate ways and I was running down St Kilda Rd, said hi to Kylie Dick (number one distance female at Doncaster AC, has been on the podium for Melb Marathon a few times). I was trying to guess what pace Clarkey and I had been going, I decided 4:40ish pace. I continued past the Shrine and around Edmund Herring oval and back tracked on the Tan a bit so I could go past the 2k marker and take note of my pace over each 250/500 marker. I didn't think I had increased my pace much, but I was passing the markers at 4:20 pace, no matter, it felt easy. I ran 1500m on the Tan and then made my way back to the car, all up 51 min. I probably ran further than 11km, but not 12...

Unless my boys 'rock up' tonight, I will running at Brimbank tomorrow with my Club and possibly the You Yangs on Sunday. Tomorrow's run will see another 80+ week, hopefully next week will be the same and then I will back it up to 60k for a week and hopefully freshen a little for the Coliban Relays and so I can return back for another 4 week block. 22 Jul 06 is my next aimed race day, State 12k XC race at Jells Park, there are others before but they are not in my BIG plan.

I was asked today by a friend so how is your life, well I have food in the cupboard, some money in the wallet and enjoying my running again, the rest will happen if it happens!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The rest will happen, not if, but when it happens, Stu Mac! Keep on enjoying & writing about your running...I like it!

Unknown said...

Glad to see it's all coming along well
again Stu! I hope it all continues to
run smoothly for you.


SB:)

Tesso said...

Like the closting statement. It makes you realise just how good things are compared to a lot of others, especially the running bit :-)

Anonymous said...

Sooner or later we'll cross paths either at the Tan or Werribee River.

If you decided to run the You Yangs on Sunday, let me know.