Sunday 11 June 2006

Sun 11 Jun 06, The MMM Winter Romp

8km today and for the week so far, 10/11 days I have run this month

At 9:30am I met with a small group of Melbourne Midday Milers, today's event was two laps of the Tan, nominate your own time, so you can go as fast or slow as you like. I noticed on the trophy that this event has been going for many years since early 80s, with even Mr Crosbie with his name as a previous winner, I think 1984...

I nominated 36m 06s as my finishing time, the legs a little tired from yesterdays jaunt and I had no intent on pushing myself too hard. Off we went from the drive way near the Observatory Cafe (breakfast location) running anti-clockwise direction (yuk), for the first km I ran with 2 guys and then dropped off from then once on Anderson St, where I could feel my quads with every step going down the hill. On nearing my first lap I stopped and had a mouthful of water and then continued on. Gary (uncle & a fellow MMM & Western A) was the official time keeper, once finishing my second lap I was told by the group that not surprisingly I was 'way' ahead of my time, 96 seconds.... which means I ran the 2 laps in 34m 30s, and my laps were within 4 seconds or so of each other, which is good. I found the run easy, but my legs were tired, breathing very easy, so 2 laps of low 17s, not bad.

Some pics to follow in time, PM was taking photo's prior & after.

I was thinking last night about my run at Brimbank, it was only 2 years ago I could not break 100 min for a HM, yesterday I easily did that in a training run.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's not bad time keeping. Did you find yourself looking at your left wrist for a watch that wasn't there.

Stu Mac said...

No I don't normally use my watch on recovery runs except to noye start & finish time. My estimate had me come 2nd last out of 8-10, last was 2 min out and 3rd last was 45 sec out, so my guess was very bad, but my splits were good.

Tesso said...

Those 'guess your time' runs are fun. We do one a month with Pat (1k) and there's a 10k one every January at BRRC which one of my good running buddies has won two years in a row.

Anyway, well done.