Monday 26 June 2006

Mon 26 Jun 06, Riverbend to the fwy & back

15km today and for the week so far, 23 runs/26 days this month

Recovery day yesterday....alright I couldn't be bothered, with getting to bed at 4am and then driving home I just couldn't be bothered, which allowed me to ponder over a fairly average performance at Coliban. Yes my team won and won easily (more than 7 minutes), but overall I thought my run was average. I know I am not a great hill runner but I did think I was fresh enough to have run at least 1 to 1 1/2 minutes faster over the 6.5km course. Using some times from previous runners from my club. Prior to the race I was confident that I was going along pretty well, sleeping well, not drinking too much and training fairly solid, but I don't think my run reflected that. It has been suggested that I might need to look at my diet.


Tonight I was able to get away from work early, so I got home, changed and drove to the Riverbend Park and took off from there, I made my way along the river, past the home of the Werribee VFL team and got to the fwy. Way to much path running, I tried to remain off it as much as I could, I got to the fwy, 7km, so I continued on the service road for 500m and then turned around. I was wearing my Garmin and generally was hanging around 4:40 pace.

Returned back to the start point, 15km in 70 minutes, mid paced run, which was enjoyable as I was able to enjoy some sun and some warmth for the first 2/3s of the run.

No comments: