Wednesday 25 January 2006

Wed 25 Jan 06, Skeleton Creek

11km today and 29km for the week so far. 19/25 runs for the month & year

A great day today, took the day off from work. Started the day with dropping my car at Westside Honda for its 10000km service, from there I ran to Skeleton Creek and followed that on dirt trails & alongside footpath until I got to Sayers Rd. I then ran in the bike lane along Morris Rd & then turned into Hogans Rd upto Derrimut and then into my estate running past my house upto the Hoppers Club.

Today's run I started quite slow for the first 5 minutes, then I picked up the pace to my long run pace for 10 minutes, with my timer on to beep every 10 minutes I continued to pick up the pace on each beep until the final 10 minutes where I ran at my 10k race pace, hence why I ran past home (as I hadn't ran 10 min yet). The final 10 minutes I tried to concentrate on my stride and continuing on at a fast pace with decent form. Heavy breathing and a good sweat was had, I walked home which took just over 7 minutes which proved to be a good cool down.

Finished off with stretching, max push ups (only 38 today), sit ups, crunches, 30 push ups (had to stop at 22 and then do 8 after a short break), then I did a few oblique exercises (which are quite sore & tired from the past few days).

The remainder of the morning was spent with a friend and then shopping in the arvo buying some new clothes & shoes, a new habit I was once forced to do, now I enjoy buying good quality clothes with my slimmer build. With a car service, expensive shoes, pants & a couple of shirts bought, a few $$$'s were spent.

Hip - no problems today at all, I only felt it once or twice going up little rises???

No comments: