Tuesday 17 January 2006

Tue 17 Jan 06, a warm up only

3km today & 13km for the week so far. 14/17 runs for the month & year

Well it might as well been a rest day again, I intended to do an easy session, maybe some bends & straights or a small amount of 400s, but I decided against it after my warm up. Went out on the roads with Narelle & Dave S, a cruising 15-16 minutes. Chatting & getting the holiday goss from Narelle and chatting about my hip/ITB problem. About 1k to go I started to feel my hip but was only a 'hint'.

On return to the track I decided I wouldn't train tonight, just stretch for 15 minutes & chat. Lots of ITB stretching, hamstring & glutes. It was also suggested to roll on a tennis ball tonight and give the ITB a good working over. Booked in to see Narelle for a massage tomorrow evening at 5pm.

Burkie smiled when he got the full report, smiled because he 'kind of' suggested I might be doing a little too much..... but what would a coach know.... ;-)

2 comments:

Clairie said...

Hope the massage is good today Stu.

BTW I still don't get the King lear stuff...... :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah Stu,

What would Burkey know??? I can just imagine the smile he gave you... and the sense of relief he was feeling at seeing the "new Stu"!