Wednesday 18 January 2006

Wed 18 Jan 06, the Tan & a massage (OMG)

5km today & 18km for the week so far. 15/18 runs for the month & year

A slow day at work and the leg/hip felt ok so I decided I was having a massage so a short trip around the exterior of Victoria Barracks and then if ok an easy trip around the Tan at lunchtime. Did the barracks which was ok so across St Kilda Rd and a lap of the Tan was had. I did the tan in 16:40 which was very comfortable and I could hardly feel my leg or hip, but I never worked hard and I always knew I probably shouldn't have been out there. Finished off with 10 minutes of stretching, 50 push ups and then 50 sit ups & 50 crunches.

Massage, 5.15pm.... up on the table, Narelle starts her prodding and straight away says "very tight Stu"!!!! Well the ITB was tight but not the entire problem, just further behind the ITB was a spot the size of a tennis ball which was VERY SORE and felt like &^%$# after some massaging.... to turn a 70 minute story into a short version, lets just say I will be sore tomorrow and I AM TAKING 2 DAYS OFF. The rest of the legs were really good according to Narelle, but not the ITB (esp left), hamstrings, calf, thigh all good, even she also found a VERY sensitive spot in the hip flexor side (yes the left side) too. Anyway, no running until Saturday, which is to be light only, she wants me to bash myself with a tennis ball on the ITB over the next few days and book in for 30 minutes early next week.

I think this week will be the smallest kms for 14 months or more.

1 comment:

Steve's Stuff said...

It seems like we just missed each other around the Tan. I was running down Anderson Rd about 4.20 and 4.40 pm tonight.