Tuesday 24 January 2006

Tue 24 Jan 06, gym in the morning & track session in the evening

7km today and 18km for the week so far. 18/24 runs for the month & year

Arrived in the gym minutes before 7am, concentrated on shoulders, limited arm work, small amount on chest and lots of ab & core strength on machines, fit ball & on the mats, 50 minute session.

Track session planned tonight, probably 800s or 600s I suspect.

Well I was wrong and I also decided to play it safe, 400s tonight and I decided to do 4 only, didn't want to push the hip too much, which turned out to be a good idea, I just started to feel it on my cool down.

I did a 6 lap warm up and 5x60 run throughs, lots of stretching and then joined two others who had already done their first rep, 75 sec pace was the plan and a 90 sec standing recovery (fairly easy).

Splits (recovery):
76 91
77 89
76 91
77 200m walk, followed by 5 lap cool down with Dave S & Cam (who did 8x500)

I didn't push at all on any of the reps, felt very much in control and the breaks were too long but thats what the other guys wanted and as I wanted the company and wasn't to fussed I went along. After my cool down I did my ITB & glutes stretching, booked in for another massage and went home.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm also trying to do more core strengthening too....at home while watching tennis!