Tuesday 3 January 2006

Tue 03 Jan 06, first track session for 2006

10km today & 18km for the week

Today I trained with Gary, my uncle & young Dave, we did a 15 minute warm up with Cam on the roads and then 6x800m at 10k ish pace with a 2 min recov, both Gary & I were recovering from long runs. With it being very windy we decided we would run in indian file and swap the leader each repeat, this would be good for training running close behind another runner with a slightly different stride and hopefully would make it easier into the wind...

Splits:
2:57
2:51
2:57
2:59
2:48
2:43

The last rep, Gary & myself decided we would push a little bit with having a real go with 200m or so to go. Gary lead the last rep, with 250m to go I moved alongside into the wind (not the smartest thing to do) and then made my move and tried to finish as hard as I could, resulting in the 2:43, the first 400m was 1:27.

We finished off with 4 laps in the outside lanes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good session, well done!!

Lil

Ewen said...

I'd be happy right now with that 2:43 for an 800m race Stu. Good session.