Sunday 8 January 2006

Sun 8 Jan 06, You Yangs for the first time in 2006

20km today & for the week so far

Last day before returning back to work, so no alarms and no rush. In bed before midnight and woke just after 7am, had breaky, watched a little TV for some laughs and then took off for my run by myself, arriving at the You Yangs about 9:10.

It is already 23 degrees and the YY's are bather in sunshine, so no shirt, a little screen on my shoulders and & neck and off I went. No hurry today, I want to ensure I have enough to get up all the hills and I want to add and extra 20-30 minutes after GCD. I notice at all my known time marks I am a couple of minutes behind where i would normally be, which is exactly what I wanted. Worked up the hills without walking, on the down hills I remained very controlled and the final kms I did not pick up my pace, just remained comfortable.

I was soaked in sweat and my shorts were very wet and starting to become annoying (old & starting to gather), so I decided I would return to the car, rehydrate, change my shorts (I knew I had a spare pair in the boot??). GCD in 68:30, slower than normal, but faster than 12 months ago, so I was happy, a good drink of my rasberry Endura and then out along one of the horse trails at the same pace as before for 15 minutes and then I returned.

Depending on my day I may go out this arvo for a short run 5-10km, depending.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a nice run to end the holidays with, StuMac!

I'm going to keep a closer eye on your blog while you're alone in Team K, in case you find it lonely being all by yourself!

Hope all goes well for your start back to work & all other areas of your life during 2006.

Steve's Stuff said...

Good run Stu, sorry I couldn't run with you today.

I hate to tell you, I've still got another week of holidays.

Jen said...

The YYs sound like a wonderful place to run.

Hope your first day back at work isn't too traumatic