Thursday 5 January 2006

Thu 5 Jan 06, track session, 400s

7km today & 33km for the week

I spent 3-4 hours today at the Williamstown beach with my little boys, I probably got a little to much sun, but I kept my water intake up... After dropping the boys off with their mum, I made my way down to the track just after 5pm, none of my training crew present, so a session by myself.

Burkie asked me if I wouldn't mind going for my warm up with one of his young girls (11yr), nice and casual, she would use that and some drills as her session, I am more than happy to help Peter out and my warm ups are all about turning the legs over and chatting, so I am happy to chat with a youngen.. She wins the Werribee LAC U12 1500s by just over 200m so she is no slouch.

After returning back to the trac after 15:30 I did a lap by myself just to get the legs moving and then 5x60-70m stride throughs, some stretching and then into my session of 4-6x400m at 77sec (hmmmmmmm)with 75 sec recovery.

As per normal I knew I would be a little faster than that, I sometimes wonder if Peter knows that too and just adds 2-3 seconds...

Splits (recovery):
1:13 1:15
1:13 1:18
1:16 1:16
1:15 1:20
1:13 walked 200m, then jogged 4 laps in the outer lanes about 15 minutes afterwards

I decided 5 was enough, Burkie was concerned I might be slightly overdone for my 1500m race on Saturday, to be honest I'm to worried about it, don't get me wrong I would love to break the 4:47 barrier, but I have a few months to go.

Public announcement:as per other years I am very open in my goals & running wants, I think it helps keep me focussed. 1 & 2 Apr 06 I will be competing in the O35 Masters Championships, more than likely, the 800m & 1500m.

3 comments:

Superflake said...

Some good goals there Stu. Hope you achieve what you want for the year.

Unknown said...

StuMac, so happy to see you blogging again...but all alone in Team K!

Next time you're in Canberra or Southern Highlands, let me know. I'd have come down to run with you & Ewen had I known.... as long as you felt like a slow one!!

Jen said...

Nice goals Stu. Looking forward to following your journey towards them!