Sunday 22 January 2006

Sun 22 Jan 06, a very warm morning

11km today for the week so far. 17/22 runs for the month & year

Today Cam is competing in the Victorian U20 Championships in the 3000m Steeple, he wants to be there just before 9am so I leave the house for my morning run just before 6am. According to foxtel it is already 25.2 degrees, I ran just with shorts. I was planning 60-75 minutes today but after 23-25 minutes I decided I woiuld turn around, I was tiring, I was able to feel my hip, just a little and I was drenched in sweat and I knew I wouldn't be passing water.

I measured the run in my car in the arvo, just over 11km. I'm not planning to run tomorrow, but I will wait and see. Finished off with lots of stretching, glutes, back, hamstring and ITB, followed by 40 push ups and lots of ab exercises.


By 10:50 the temp was around 36 degrees with a northerly wind, Cam started off ok, but the heat, not looking after himself in the lead up (sleeping) and with some very talented competition he finished fifth in a field of 9 in his slowest time ever (10:52), but the the 9:40 runner didn't break 10 minutes either, time was not that important today.

2 comments:

Steve's Stuff said...

Was that you I saw running without a shirt on, south along Derrimut Rd towards Sayers Rd about 6.40 am. I turned into Sayers Rd heading for Brimbank Park CR Run.

Stu Mac said...

Yep Steve, that would have been me, I was probably starting to look rather ragged, I felt it anyway.