Friday 27 January 2006

Fri 27 Jan 06, gym & massage

0km today and 41km for the week so far. 20/27 runs for the month & year

In the gym at 6:50am, light weights, high reps with very little break between reps and only 90 sec break between sets. Only 45 minutes of upper & lower back, a little chest, shoulder & biceps, finishing off with 15 minutes or the mid section.

I decided to not run today, still concentrating on not returning to full training just yet, even though I have not felt the hip for a few days I thought caution would be a good idea.

Finishing the day with a massage at 5.30pm, just to give my legs another working over, hopefully the ITB is a lot more relaxed and therefore the massage will be more relaxing than the previous.


One of my friends is leaving on a cruise tomorrow for 13 days, she is visiting a bunch of Pacific Islands with one of her girlfriends. It makes me think, I am very predictable with my holiday options, whilst I don't think a cruise is what I would choose, I may think more about this, I have always said I wouldn't go overseas until I see all of Australia, but as that will never happen, maybe its time for me to consider what I would like to see, Europe, USA or Africa or do I want to do one of those adventure holidays in Nepal etc.

Anyway back to running, it has been suggested to me that I could consider taking up a Run Leader with Start to Finish, obviously I could only work with the slower groups but I am sure my passion and consistency could be a good recipe for beginners. I do enjoy passing on my little knowledge to the U6 & 7s and others who are interested. Considering???

Edit; a late entry:had my massage, all went well, Narz said a big improvement, felt good, only slight discomfort in the tender region just behind my left ITB, excluding that it was very relaxing.

Had my first drinks tonight, just over 9 days since my last, sad...a shitty excuse! No more!

1 comment:

Clarkey said...

SM,

I reckon you would really enjoy being a run leader with STF. Not sure how much I have let on about my Nike Running Group days, but it was fantastic to see it grow from 5 runners to over 80, and to know that people valued my time and effort. STF is more structured but no doubt those attending will have the same appreciation for the leaders....go for it!!