Monday 9 January 2006

Mon 9 Jan 06, Werribee River

12km today & 32km for the week so far

Started my run from Riverbend car park, I measured the distance from home & its 4.5km, so I will have to leave that for longer runs as I enjoy the off road parts of this run, even though a lot of that has been destroyed by the council and their footpaths.

I started my run at 5.30pm it was 30 degrees and lightly raining & humid, I ran topless. The first 20 minutes of the run are my favorite, right along the river along dirt trails, when I got to the Shaws Rd bridge I turned & ran upto Presidents Park and then turned back to the river (add on purpose only). I then ran to Wyndham Park, crossed the river near Chrinside Oval, this area has special memories, I then moved on and ran past the tennis & bowls club and circled Chrinside Oval and made my way back along the river without the President Park turn off.

I assume I was sitting on 4:45-50 pace, very comfortable, but soaked in sweat, it was very humid. My legs felt heavy for the first 15 minutes, my run took 60:13.

No comments: