Thursday 19 January 2006

Thu 19 Jan 06, Rest Day

0km today & 18km for the week so far. 15/19 runs for the month & year

Well this is starting to look like the shortest week in over 14 months or more!!! :-(
Rest was the order today, no running, my left thigh feels like it has a BIG corkie and is quite sore to touch. I went out to Aberfeldie and watched the 1500m races, watched TB & some Western A's and then watched the sub 4 min heat. The only other race that interested me was the 5k and that wasn't on until 9pm and I was hungry and wanted a 'healthy' dinner, not something from the canteen.

Athletics is one of those sports that have elite athletes but the sport is not elite, Shaun Creighton came over and chatted with me for nearly 15 minutes. We chatted about Georgie Clarke (he is her coach), we chatted about Cameron and then about my running, he asked about my attempts at the 10k in sub 40 minutes (he must have a good memory, we last chatted in June at Sandown). It just shows that distance runners just love to talk about running, no matter the ability.


I have decided I would like to lose some more weight and reduce my overall size, I would like more definition around the middle, which in turn means losing some of the extra kilo's. Some time over the next few days I will find a set of scales at a chemist or somewhere I have general access to and I will weigh in and start really watching what my intake is. It will not be easy, but I will have to increase my training too I would imagine, not just running but other activites, high tempo and some more pilates may be a good idea.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Sorry to hear about your injuries. I know the frustration. Hope they are only a temporary glitch and that you are back on the road very soon.

Anonymous said...

Hey Stu,

Just read yesterdays post about being more tight on the left side.

I have had this problem a bit before, the only reason I've ever come up with is running around in circles turning left!

Maybe on your warm ups/ downs try running anti trackwise?

Anonymous said...

I hope your leg is better soon Stu Mac.

I can imagine you not having a problem losing weight, you sound very motivated.

Anonymous said...

Stu,

Hope you regain fitness and get back on track.

Shaun Creighton is certainly a down to earth gentleman who takes an interest in athletes of all ages and abilities. He appreciates that it is no good being a champion if you have no one to race.