Saturday 21 January 2006

Sat 21 Jan 06, run from home

8km today & 26km for the week so far. 16/21 runs for the month & year

I took Friday off as well, on recommendations from Burkie. I finished work early on Friday, the first day of the 'heat wave' that has hit SA & Vic, it gave me the opportunity to spend some hours relaxing and staying inside trying to stay away from the extreme heat.

This morning, I was out the door just after 8am, running from home on the local roads up to the local footy grounds, which allowed about a km on dirt trails surrounding the reserve, the remainder of the run was on the road. I was cruising but enjoying being out there working up a great sweat in my shorts & hat. I could occassionally feel a sensation/tingle in the hip and around the ITB but it never worsened. When I arrived home I walked barefooted for 5-8 minutes, drinking and then I stretched, concentrating on the ITB, hamstring & glutes, followed by maximum push ups 48 & then a bunch of sit ups & crunches.

I did intend on going to the pool today, but to be honest I didn't really feel like it, so I didn't. It doesn't take much to talk me out of swimming, I'll probably need a fair amount of encouragement to do it, maybe a friend out there might want to be my swimming coach. I have been thinking about my increase of physical activity, I'll probably start using the gym at lunchtimes or before work and run in the evenings. The gym will be for the cardio machines and some light weights.

1 comment:

Ewen said...

It's good to see your injury is improving Stu. Yes, Shaun Creighton's a good bloke - a "runner's runner".

Losing a few kgs will definitely help your 10,000 - you may even feel zippier in the 1500.