Monday 23 January 2006

Mon 23 Jan 06, no running today

0km today and 11km for the week so far. 17/23 runs for the month & year

This morning I arrived at Vic Barracks just before 7am and made my way straight to the gym, did low weights, high reps with minimal breaks. Lots of back, chest & arms with ab work on machine & fit ball, worked a good sweat, session was about 50 minutes.

I intended to run tonight but I decided I wouldn't get straight back into a 6 day week, so I thought I would rest tonight and allow a good track session tmw. My hip has been good today so I would like to ease back into a full weeks work maybe next week. I booked in today for a 8 week Pilates 'course' starting in Feb which I am looking forward to, after the 6 week course I did start to notice some improvements in my overall strength.

Plan for coming months:
1. run lots
2. reduce (omit was the word I was given) fats/sugar/alcohol
3. religious abdominal routine (every day)
4. weights/circuits to build muscle & burn extra fat
5. pilates for core strenght
6. pay attention to number 3...


Note: Tonight the committee of Western A's will discover that I have resigned as the Secretary & from the Committee, the Club Pres will be informing the Committee. I have decided to concentrate on other parts of my life, I have been on the Committee for 4 years and a short break may refresh my enthusiasm and hopefully encourage others to stand up and be counted.

2 comments:

R2B said...

Does pilates and core stability stuff help a lot and is worth adding to my training as a 3 day a week runner?
Cheers R2B

Stu Mac said...

R2B, I am no expert and I only did a 6 week course of pilates, but I did feel that it was starting to benefit my ability to hold form for longer which therefore allowed me to hold stride longer and overall run faster. But as I said, I felt!

I would recommend it to others, it can't hurt anyway, it does help your overall posture and overall strength in the mid section.