Tuesday 31 January 2006

31 Jan 06, 1500m race at Aberfeldie

9km today and 27km for the week so far. 24/31 runs for the month & year

Well a shit race to end a fairly ordinary month. This months km totals is about 80-100km less than I was hoping for, 5 runs less than I wanted and a lot of sessions were shortened or not completed and a lack of quality sessions really stood out tonight. Lined up for a heat of a 1500m at 6:45pm, light breeze, comfortable temp all pointed to good racing. I knew I wasn't in great form, and I had only completed 1 race since 10 Dec, so I wasn't expecting to go under 4:50, but I was hoping to be close, not 4:58.98.

Normal warm up out around the ovals, lots of run throughs and stretching. Ready for the race. The first lap was too fast (72.8sec), but I was sitting second last in a group of 4:30-5:00 runners and I didn't really have too much choice, I'm not sure of the other splits, Burkie has them, but the final 200m was walking pace and I was not in good form.... Finished off with a 5+km run with Narz, Gary, Dave S & Adrian (CR), Dave did the 2k as he was racing in the 3k, so was Adrian, but he is getting ready for his 7th/8th 6Ft Campaign so he thought a 5k warm up sounded good.

I stayed and watched the 3k, our No.1 Club distance runner won in 9:05, Cam crossed third in 9:20 (his second fastest) and then Adrian finished 9/10th just off a PB (has only run three 3k races) and then Dave, who I have been training with a fair bit, took 28 sec off and ran 11:12, very happy!!!

My second lowest in the past 18 months

TOTAL KM: 219km ( Missed days: 7 days )

YEARLY TOTAL: 219km

EXCUSES: missed days, shortened sessions and missed quality sessions due to sore hip & tight ITB

PROBLEMS: ITB & sore hip

RACES: 2x1500m races & Coburg 6k Fun Run (which turned out very badly)

FEBRUARY RACES: Track Races 800m, 1500m, 3k & 5k & running the Sunset Series (8km)

GOALS: Run some fast 1500m races!


Appointment at 2:45pm tomorrow and then I am going to race in the Sunset Series at the Melbourne Zoo, 8km.

No comments: