Friday 13 January 2006

Fri 13 Jan 06, an easy run

6km today & 67km for the week so far. 12/13 runs for the month & year

Well I kind of am listening to my body, I was going to have a rest day, but decided that I would like to do 30 odd minutes of stretching, so to do that properly you need to warm so I went and did a very easy 6k run.

Just rolling my legs over and nothing else, yep legs felt heavy & I could feel some discomfort in my left hip but nothing worrying at all. When I got home I stretched and stretched, using some of the stretches that I learnt in pilates and lots of glutes & hamstring stretches. It is official I will totally rest on Saturday.

I am missing out on the final round of the Shield Comp as Little A's are competing at the same time, so I have decided that the 'on trackers' will miss their coach/coordinator more than seniors will miss me, esp as the men's teams cannot make the finals.

1 comment:

Clairie said...

ha ha ha I love your theory Stu!

Must run on rest day so you can be warmed up to do the stretching that you had scheduled instead of a run!

Hope you did another 6km for the cool down...can't seriously expect you to rest on your rest day now can we?