Sunday 29 January 2006

Sun 29 Jan 06, Werribee River run from Riverbend

12km today and for the week so far. 22/29 runs for the month & year

I arrived at the Riverbend Reserve carpark just after 5.30pm, it was still 30 degrees, but I got the impression it was starting to cool down (I hoped). The sun still had a bit of bite in it which I was enjoying on my back & torso. Running from the car park over the dam/weir wall and along the dirt trail which follows the river, under Shaws Rd etc upto Wyndham Park where I did a lap and then decided to run around Chrinside Oval. I crossed the river (25m 30s to this spot) and gave a wink to a 'spot' (got to be in the 'know'), continuing on around the home of the Werribee Tigers (VFL) and then back over the river making my way back on the same course. Using my lap function I wanted to make sure that I ran the return trip no more than 30 seconds slower than I came out, but I was pleasantly surprised, without trying I returned in 24:59, not including the 8 minutes going around the footy oval & pool area.

Decided no push ups or ab work today, just a nice run. Gym tomorrow, maybe a short easy 5-7km in the arvo, but with racing on Tue (1500 & possibly a 3k) and then the Sunset Series on Wed at the zoo (8km) I may decide to not run....

1 comment:

Steve's Stuff said...

We must have just missed each other. I was running through the Historical Park about 5 pm following the river to Cottrel St and then back-tracked. Very humid.