Saturday 28 January 2006

Sat 28 Jan 06, a quick 5k run with w/up

8km today and 49km for the week so far. 21/28 runs for the month & year

I was going to run for 1 hour today, but I woke up at 6:45 and as I need to leave here just after 8am for Little A's there will not be enough time. So an easy 2k warm up around the block from home and then onto my 5k course (I think it is 5.1km measured by car). I started off probably at my 10k pace for the first 7 minutes or so and then I broke into 5k pace, drenched in sweat, it was suppose to be 20 degrees but I was drenched!!! Was happy with the run, I forgot my watch but it seemed quite quick, finished with a short 1k or so cool down, then a quick 50 sit ups and 42 push ups, short break and then another 20 push ups and 30 crunches.

Little A's, then I have the little boys for the weekend, planning on having dinner at the pub with all 3 boys & Cam's girl friend, my shout, of course they will all be there, who wouldn't, a free meal. :-) Plan to run in the evening tomorrow after the boys return back to mum. Having an ultra sound on Monday, I have discovered a lump in my right breast (sounds funny saying breast for a bloke), not sore or anything, but the doc gave me pills to see if it was an infection, but it hasn't gone to off for further checks. - yet again away from running, but it is my blog, so I'll write what I want... :-)

2 comments:

Clarkey said...

G'day Stu,

I trust all is well with the lump & that it is just one of those things and not one of THOSE things.

Your note about push-ups and situps reminds me that I need to do some of those, since running only will mean my upper body will melt away.

Yes - it is your Blog - say what you want!!!

M

Clairie said...

Say what you want in your blog stu! That's what makes it so great to read.

I sincerely wish you well with your ultrasound and I pray it is not a health issue that won't go away quickly.

Well done on getting out there when so many others would say 'damn I slept in oh well will do something tomorrow'

Chin up Stu. Remember you are always surrounded by lots of friends...virtual and all :)

*big hug and kisses* from Nurse Clairie