Monday 30 January 2006

30 Jan 06, gym & an easy run

6km today and 18km for the week so far. 23/30 runs for the month & year

In the gym at 06:45am for a 60 minute session, upper & mid back, some chest, shoulders & ab. I included a few new machines today, ie. the row machine & lat pull down which I did front & back under control.

Will go for an easy 5-6 km run on the local streets or I might run to the track to chat with Burkie (he does drills training with many of his younger brigade on Mondays).

I got home just after 5pm, didn't really feel like doing anything but I decided a nice run might help pick up my mood, feeling alone (kind of) and other things getting on top of me. So I went out for a very easy 6k run, it was different running with a singlet on, my last 5-10 runs have been predominantly with no top and lots of sweat and tonight it was only 21 degrees and a nice breeze and as I was going to go slow I thought a top would be a good idea.

Tonights run was more about just getting out there, not taking anything away from racing tmw and on wednesday. Hopefully things start to look up personally (IMU - don't worry all, someone understands the abbreviation) & medically. I have an appointment at the hospital on Wed, thanks for all of wishes, I assume that all is fine, but it does make you wonder why its there, but I assume lots of people have funny lumps, its all new to me, because I have never.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope the easy run is a good one. I am guessing it has cooled down a bit over there, it's lovely here today - great running weather

Tesso said...

Yep Stu, lots of people (myself included) have had funny lumps for all different reasons and most of the time they are absolutely nothing.

Good luck at the hospital tomorrow, we've all got our fingers crossed.