Wednesday 27 July 2005

Wed 27 Jul, mid week longish run

13km today, 62km for the week so far

This morning I wanted to get to work early so I could 'hog' the colour printer and do some athletics work prior to starting my own work. This meant missing out on my morning run, but the plan was to knock of at 3ish and get 60+ in.

And surprisingly the plan worked, minutes after 3pm I ran out the door with bag and walked briskly to my car and dropped of my gear, near the Shrine. From there I ran along the Tan crossed over the Swan St bridge and made my way down to MacRobertson bridge. I had been going for nearly 20 minutes before I couldn't feel the effects of last nights session. Cruising pace, back along the river until I got to Anderson St which I went up and then down Walsh, checked out the infamous Airlie St hill and then up Punt Rd, then back onto the Tan until I got back to the car.

Nice, needed to run the legs out, but I am a little more tired than normal, but that might have something to do with a few late nights too.

Thanks for the comments on my notes from yesterday Martin, you are very correct, I am not too worried about making my 1k repeats faster but really want to work on the recovery, 90 seconds, hmmm will be hard, but then if it wasn't hard everyone would be doing it! :)

No comments: