Monday 11 July 2005

Mon 11 Jul, in & around the parks

31km for the week, so far 79.9kg

Woke up at 5.20am this morning to get into the city for my run and ready for a morning conference. My lower back is heaps tighter and more noticeable, hard to put my socls and shoes on and I notice it more in the car when driving, but walking & running is ok 100%??? I did do 20 minutes of back stretching when watching "50 First Dates" last night, but with little improvemnt.

This morning I wore all black, black nike dri fit T & my adidas tights & shorts, probably could have done without the tights, but it was ok. I ran around the Tan for the first 10 min (using the 250m markers, I was travelling 4.45 pace), then I went into the gardens and jogged in there for a bit, back onto the Tan and did a quick 500m to check my pace (1:59, the exact pace for my 10k). Move over to Fawkner Park and did a lap and then returned to the Tan. I did another 500m at pace (1:58 :-) perfect), cruised until just past Govt Dve and did another a 1k at pace (3:55 very happy). A nice little confidence builder, after a hard day yesterday and having already run a few k's I was happy I could get right onto my 4 min per k pace.

Effects from yesterday can be felt a little when walking up and down the stairs at work, but my policy of walking the stairs on Mon-Thu will remain.

No comments: