Wednesday 6 July 2005

Tue 5 Jul, some 600s

25km for the week

Arrived first at the track, threw my bag over the locked gate and took off for a 20 min easy warm up on the back roads between Hoppers & Pt Cook. Arrived back at the track, already just after 5pm and you can feel the evening dew starting to set, I put on my vest jacket and do some drills, heel to bum, high leg lifts, side steps etc, then 5x70 stride throughs at pace. Followed by some good hamstring stretching & some calf stuff.

Whilst I am doing my drills & stride thru's I noticed that Adrian (CR) was doing a few laps of the complex, so this meant I may have someone to follow on the track, depending on his program.

I suggested earlier on the phone, Burkie has suggested 8x600m with a short break, diagonal cross over jogging. A little faster than normal was planned was aiming at 85sec per 400m (hmmmm). Adrian tells me that he wants to do his 600s in 2 min so he will start on my outside and join in, which is great, I enjoy the company, even if I'm following.

Splits & (recovery)
2:07 (55s)
2:08 (57s)
2:08 (1:00)
2:05 (1:20, deliberately longer)
2:05 (1:04)
2:07 (1:05)
2:08 (1:05)
2:04 (walked 200m).

One of the juniors (13yr boy) joined in on my 4th and finished my session with me, always nice to be reminded that a 13 year old can easily do... I finished off with 5 laps to cool down.

No comments: