Friday 8 July 2005

Thu 7 Jul, Cam turned 18 today

49km for the week

Today I decided to run at lunchtime, this would allow me to drop some Club Registrations forms off at Olympic Park and then do some short sharp work on the Tan, wearing a singlet in the 'warmth' of the day, how sad, thinking that 13-14 degrees is warm....

Left the office just after 12pm and cruised over to Olympic Park and dropped into the AV office. Then I ran along the river upto Anderson St, crossed the bridge and made my way back to the pillars of wisdom, where I did some hamstring, calf, quad & ITB work. Fartlek style work today, hard for 250m cruise 250m & then hard for 250m, then I briskly walked up to the cnr of Anderson and then turned jogged slowly back to the marker and did the same back. On return to the pillars I decided I would do some hill repeats to various points. Six repeats all between 25-28sec, short & sweet, jogging down each time. During this time I saw Old Miler & KSC with a group chatting prior to taking off for their lunchtime session. I then jogged back to the Barracks and back to work.


Happy 18th Cam. I picked Cameron up from training tonight and brought him back to my place for dinner and then I was took him back to where he was meeting his mother. I gave him a piece of paper for his birthday, before opening, his comments were, "gees dad you're getting cheaper each year (no card, no paper & what appeared to be no present)". Opening he found a CarSales.com advertisement for a used car upto the value of $2500, he was VERY happy & of course I am very happy that I am in a financial position to be able to do this for him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm stephen jogs & a fellow Hoppers resident. I briefly spotted you on this run somewhere near the 3.25k marker. Looked like you were doing one of the hard 250s & I was going in the opposite direction (once I spotted your tatt I was sure it was you).

I don't have any CR gear & didn't say anything. You looked quick & in good form.

Happy birthday to Cam. Thanks for your blog.

All the best.

Stephen