Saturday 9 July 2005

Sat 9 Jul, the race

61km for the week

Well it rained the entire day, and the wind picked up during the race adn got steadily harder throughout the latter legs. I ran second today, unsure where we finished, but I think the Div 7 team finished 5th ish.

A PB, but not surprised, I am fitter than last year, 24 min 50 sec (splits 12:19 & 12:31), fairly even, I'm sure I could have gone a bit faster.

Very cold and my lower back have stiffened up. The highlight of the day was meeting Shaun Creighton after all was finished. Shaun e-mailed me a few times over previous months, via CR, he has offered to act as a mentor for Cam over the Steeples and to help Cam's coach with any pointers that he may be interested in, for those who unaware, Shaun is the Australian Recorder holder for the 3k Steeple, 8:20ish in 1992 and he is also the AR for the 10000m, 27:31ish, competed in Olympics etc...

Club wise, we had a good day, 1st in Div 5 men, Div 3 women also won and the U20 men came second, I'm unsure about our 2nd women's team or the U16s.

More to follow about the results

No comments: