Saturday 9 July 2005

Sat 9 Jul, race morning

49km for the week 80.1kg

I didn't run yesterday, normally for races of 10km or less I go for an easy run the day before, about 30 minutes, but yesterday I awoke with an obvious 'cold' onset. So I decided to take it easy, start taking some "Ease a Cold" herbal remedies and increase my citrus and water intake.

Its now Saturday morning and I have just checked some blogs for inspiration for my race day, still reading some GC blogs and I re-read MPHaz's blog as I found that very inspiring and I hope I can use that for bigger & further things... Today the family have made their way to Phillip Island with wife's mother (visiting from Sydney), so I am alone for the weekend, party..... :-)

Today I am racing a 4 person team relay of legs of 6.2km at Sandown racecourse, historically a windy course, last year I ran 26:15 and I hope I smash this by a few minutes, the Club is looking the strongest ever with 6 teams competing and a strong Div 7 team with me as No. 3, so here's hoping for a good one!

No comments: